Start Your New Life NOW!

Plan for Fun Excitement Love Get more Health Wealth Happiness, End Depression Disappointment and Loneliness. Join the Happy People NOW

Wednesday 25 November 2009

How To Hit On Happiness

Here is an another gem from Oliver's article (see previous posts):
"In a study entitled After The Movies, some crafty Australian researchers grilled people leaving the cinema about their views on politics and morality; they discovered that those leaving happy films were optimistic and lenient, while those leaving aggressive or sad ones were far more pessimistic and strict. (They tried to control for the fact that different kinds of people might choose different kinds of movies in the first place.)
I bet you have already guessed what I am going to suggest. That's right. Build up a collection of comedy
DVDs.
I have lots of them. Laurel and Hardy, The Birdcage,
Shakespeare In Love, Jim Carrey etc,.
There was a study done years ago that watching comedy movies helped people who were in extreme pain. It produces chemicals that are good for you.
So you can lift your mood and, at the same, give yourself a health tonic.
I watch them when I'm in a good mood so that I can feel even better. You can't feel too good.
I know people have that saying:
'I felt great but it was too good to last.'
But you can feel great and you can make it last.
All day and every day, when you know how.
:-)
P.S I'll be starting a forum soon. You will be able to explore and discuss all the ideas and techniques mentioned on this blog and over on Squidoo.
T

No comments:

Post a Comment