Start Your New Life NOW!

Plan for Fun Excitement Love Get more Health Wealth Happiness, End Depression Disappointment and Loneliness. Join the Happy People NOW

Sunday 22 November 2009

More Health, Wealth And Lots Of Love

Here is a link I posted a few days ago. If you haven't read it yet, please read it now.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/oct/31/change-your-life-sudden-exposure


I am going to discuss several important points that he makes. Here is the one that I want mention:-
Oliver writes
"I think of myself as generally happy, but every so often I'm struck by a fleeting mood of unhappiness or anxiety that quickly escalates. On a really bad day, I may spend hours stuck in angst-ridden maunderings, wondering if I need to make major changes in my life. It's usually then that I realise I've forgotten to eat lunch. One tuna sandwich later, the mood is gone. And yet, "Am I hungry?" is never my first response to feeling bad: my brain, apparently, would prefer to distress itself with reflections on the ultimate meaninglessness of human existence than to direct my body to a nearby branch of Pret A Manger."

Let's reduce that to basics.
Your blood sugar controls your mood, controls your thinking and controls your behaviour. One way of making use of this is to eat smaller meals more often.
My eating plan is not to go more than three or four hours without eating. DO NOT use this as an excuse to eat rubbishy stuff like chocolate or crisps or cake.
This is an eating PLAN. Plan it. If I think that I will be out for too long, I take a healthy snack out with me.
You will not buy a healthy snack over a shop counter.
Perhaps fresh fruit.
Small, healthy snacks every three or four hours throughout the day. Don't forget, your first food must be as soon as you get up. When you get up, your blood sugar is low because you haven't eaten for so long. You must get it up as soon as possible. If you don't, it stays low all day. And you will be suffering the low mood that Oliver mentions in his article. Eat as soon as you get up.
Later is too late. You will not get any warning. The effects of low blood sugar will creep up on you and you just lose all the edge and energy and that get up and go that you are going to need for your new life.
:-)
More about diet, food and health soon
T

No comments:

Post a Comment